Monday, July 9, 2012

Taxis in Vilnius airport

I arrived to Vilnius by a late flight from Frankfurt at about 23:30. At this time they have no public transport apart from taxis - the only company that had taxis waiting for me there announced they charge 5 Litas/km, on a large advertisement, which amounted to 70 or 75 litas  (about 20 euros) to get to my hotel in the city centre. They are obviously a monopolist, trying to create an impression that the only way to get to the town is to pay them. However, as I learned later, if you call other taxi companies by phone, they can come to the airport and will charge you no more than 2 Litas/km. I believe I paid just 25 Litas to get back to airport from my hotel, during the daytime - when there also exists a bus service ...

No comments:

Post a Comment